You have no items in your shopping cart.
Your child deserves the best opportunities to grow into a healthy, successful and happy individual. At COS 3 we believe every child is special and has unique abilities to share with the world at large. As a parent, you can give your child a fertile ground and a good support system to discover its cognitive potential at an early age.
It begins by having a healthy and holistic brain and cognitive development. This is where our experts have developed something that helps your child’s brain to develop from a young age- COS 3. It is a rich source of Omega 3 fatty acids that boost the brainpower of your child. Omega-3 fatty acids are essential for proper fetal development and healthy aging and are also required for the maintenance of normal brain functions. They contain eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) which are needed for the overall cognitive development of the children.
Omega-3 fatty acids are required for brain maturation. DHA, in particular, is an absolute requirement for the development of the human central nervous system (CNS) and the continuous maintenance of normal brain cell functions. EPA-rich supplementation improves IQ (Intelligence quotient) level by improving the brain’s cognitive performance.
When Omega 3 fatty acids are deficient, the brain development in the fetal phase slows down and the brain isn’t used actively to its full capacity. Children having ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) or depressive disorder or bipolar disorder or Autism so on are usually found to lack Omega 3 fatty acids severely in them. The most common learning disabilities can be tackled and overcome significantly by regular intake of these fatty acids.The figure clearly shows the difference in the IQ of students who are DHA fortified and those who aren’t.
The human body does not produce Omega 3 fatty acids on its own; this is largely due to the absence of converting enzyme, omega-3 desaturase. In addition, the Indian diet is not omega 3 rich! Those who primarily consume a plant-based diet, and have no or less fish intake, have no contribution to these fatty acids into their system. Hence, an Indian child needs to consume Omega 3 fatty acids in the form of additional supplements like COS 3.
Omega 3 fatty acids are richly found in fishes such as tuna, trout, salmon, mackerel, sardines, and herring. So, unless these are a big part of your regular diet, there is a chance your child is not receiving the right nutrients that he or she needs for overall growth and development.
• EPA and DHA provide energy and help build membranes in the cells which leads to improved brain function.
• DHA plays a vital role in retina development and is important for a normal healthy eye.
• Even the low doses of Omega 3 fatty acids is shown to provide protection to your child’s cardiovascular system.
• It also has anti-inflammatory action.
Evidence suggests that better cognitive, learning and behavioural outcomes can be achieved from omega-3 supplementation given in the fetal period to their pregnant mothers or in childhood.
• COS 3 Drops: Give your bundle of joy, under the age of 2, a regular supplement of Omega 3 in the form of delicious COS 3 drops. As your baby starts the journey in this world full of potential, let COS 3 be the companion that opens up doors to the optimal development of brain functioning.
• COS 3 Syrup: The early and right introduction of Omega 3 fatty acids through flavoured COS 3 has shown many positive changes in the cognitive and behavioural growth levels of the kids when compared to those who weren’t introduced to omega 3. So, introduce COS 3 syrup in your toddler’s life now and improve the brain development process.
Omega 3 fatty acids are said to be a nutritional powerhouse and numerous studies have been conducted to support this claim. Here is a list of studies for your further reading:
1) Omega-3 DHA and EPA for Cognition, Behavior, and Mood: Clinical Findings and Structural-Functional Synergies with Cell Membrane Phospholipids. Click to view
2) Docosahexaenoic Acid for Reading, Cognition, and Behavior in Children Aged 7–9 Years: A Randomized, Controlled Trial. Click to view
3) Critical appraisal of omega-3 fatty acids in attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder treatment. Click to view
4) Supplementation of omega 3 fatty acids may improve hyperactivity, lethargy, and stereotypy in children with autism spectrum disorders: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Click to view
You have no items in wishlist.